Powered by the people of Tang Hall, Food Circle aims to create a better food system, one which works for the benefit of all.
We want to….
- Empower the urban community. Access to ingredients, tools and knowledge.
- Support and invest in our sustainable farm heroes. Reduce agricultural waste and reinvest in better farming practises.
- Encourage people to VALUE OUR FOOD. Take time to buy, prepare and enjoy. To value the ingredients and preserve the seasons.
To achieve these goals, Food Circle will be providing a number of services;
- Farm Shop – PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN BAGS/CONTAINERS (we aim to be package free). Supplying you with the very best local and seasonal produce – fruit, veg, flour, oil – as well as our homemade bread and preserves.
- Cooking workshops – Practical and informal drop-in sessions to give you the skills to utilise produce from the farm shop. Expect guest chefs. Accept any skill levels.
- Field trips – Volunteer opportunities to visit farms, bakeries and kitchens to help give you a better understanding of where your food comes from.
- Community dinners – Nothing fancy. Just simple home cooked meals prepared with the best and freshest ingredients. A chance to celebrate the food culture of the Tang Hall community.