Each Big Local consults with their area and writes a plan which is submitted together with a budget to the Local Trust. Once it is approved we can start to deliver on that plan with the community. The plan can be changed and amended if needed – we would re submit and seek further approval.
During the first 2 years of our plan, from 2015-17 THBL aimed to spend £289,000. With an ambitious target to support local activity. Money was spent on;
- CAY – Citizens Advice York Friday morning advice support at Tang Hall Community Centre
- Hire of Skate park/climbing wall bringing facilities to our area
- Community Grants – to support community groups with ideas that need support
- Office set up costs including 2 staff members at Tang Hall Community Centre
- Launch Party at Tang Hall Primary – Sept 2015
- Consultation events
- Partner Events – to worked together with those already here and want the best for THBL
- Community Cinema
- Make and Take
Despite our best intentions we spent around £90,000 due to limited time and resource.
With staff now on board and with a lovely office at THCC we aim to spend £0.5m over the next 3 years.
One of the key changes that THBL undertook in the last year was to become a charity in order to manage its own budget. The charity will undertake the responsibilities of the LTO – Locally Trusted Organisation. See localtrust.org.uk
Within the charity, the Partnership will continue to develop the Local Plan and drive the strategy whilst the trustees of the charity will ensure the spend fulfils the Local Trust’s obligations as part of the Big Local programme
In the download section you will find a copy of our plans and the profile of our area written in 2015.
If you are a resident or work in the area, or have feedback on our plan – do let us know via the contact page.