Tang Hall Online Wednesday Drop-in
Join us on Wednesday afternoons from 4pm-5pm:
- Have a cuppa and a chat
- Meet our Tang Hall Online group
- Use our free wifi and equipment
- Get online
- Get help with any specific IT needs
No need to book, just drop in!
Tang Hall Online is a community-led project which offers informal drop-in sessions to support local residents to learn IT skills, get online and gain confidence in using online systems.
Our Tang Hall Online group get together twice a week at Tang Hall Community Centre to use IT equipment and support each other and anyone who drops-in to make the most out of the internet. The group have supported each other to use the internet in lots of ways:
- To set-up and use social media accounts to keep up-to-date with family and friends.
- To make the most of the local area and find out about events in the local area.
- To save money on utility bills by comparing deals online.
- To manage benefits online.
- To search for jobs and develop a CV.
- To use websites to make purchases at a lower cost.
- To set up and use online banking.
- To keep in contact with friends and family via Skype video calling.
- To manage appointments and prescriptions online.
- To develop budgeting systems.
One of the best parts of Tang Hall Online is the social aspect – our members have formed friendships and there’s always free drinks!
Join us on a Wednesday between 4 and 5pm, or on a Friday between 10am and 12pm for any IT support you might need – from the most basic through to more complicated tasks, or simply to use some IT equipment and the free wifi. There’s no need to book, but feel free to contact Kat in advance if you want to discuss your needs.
Tang Hall Online is a two year programme funded by the Peoples Health Trust.